Washington, Sep 3 (Sputnik) .- American actor Dawyne “The Rock” Johnson said Wednesday that he and his family tested positive for the respiratory disease COVID-19 about three weeks ago despite all the measures they had taken in their voluntary isolation to avoid catching the virus, and that they have already overcome it.
«My wife Lauren, my two young daughters and I have tested positive for COVID-19 and I can tell you that This has been the most challenging and difficult thing that we have had to face as a family and for myself. I am happy to tell you that we are fine, we are on the other side, we are no longer contagious, we are, thank God, healthy. We came out of the covid-19 healthier and stronger, “said the actor and professional fighter in his account of the social network Instagram.
Johnson said that his family was infected from friends who did not know they had the new coronavirus despite having respected the measures requested by the authorities, such as wearing a mask, maintaining social distancing or isolation.
“They were devastated because they, like us, had been very disciplined,” said “The Rock”.
The family tested positive about three weeks ago and the two girls only suffered a sore throat at first, he commented.
The actor recommended to his followers that they redouble the necessary precautions to avoid contagion, that before receiving friends they ask them for a test of coronavirus and that they comply with the requests of the authorities such as the use of masks to prevent further spread.
The respiratory disease emerged in late 2019 in southern China and in March the O World Health Organization (WHO) declared it a pandemic that has already caused more than 850,000 deaths. (Sputnik)